THE HOUSE

1875

George Hakim, great grandfather, a renowned jeweler, establishes his jewelry business in the famous gold souks of the Ottoman empire.

1915

On a visit to Rome, he offered the Vatican a silver replica of the Church of Mardin, especially handcrafted in George Hakim’s workshop.

1916

George Hakim opened a branch in the gold souks of Aleppo, a major trading center in the Middle East at the time, paving the way for his son and successor Elias Hakim, who continued his legacy and started trading meticulously crafted jewelry pieces to major traders in the Levant.

1939

Elias and his family moved to Beirut, to establish his jewelry business in the heart of the gold souks.

1948

George Hakim, the grandson, became the third generation of jewelers to join the business. A few years later, serving in his father and grandfather’s footsteps, George turned to Europe in search of new sources of unique gemstones. With passion and ambition, he travelled the world and acquired some of the best gemstones in China, India and Africa to create his masterpieces. In spite of the hardships of the civil war that ravaged Beirut from 1975 to the late 80s, George’s dedication and perseverance allowed him to maintain and grow his business.

1991

The fourth generation of Hakim descendants joined the business. Elias, Karim, Nabil and Alain, received college educations as well as degrees from the Gemological Institute of America, bringing to their family business: innovation, modernity and technical knowhow.

1994

Witnessed the opening of the George Hakim workshop in Beirut, with over 70 highly experienced workers equipped with the latest innovations in manufacturing machines and tools.

1995

George Hakim Jewelers created the Alain Philippe Swiss made brand watch collection. Precious timepieces with high precision Swiss mechanisms, crafted with extreme attention to detail, which became a household name in the watch industry.

1996

George Hakim Jewelers inaugurated its retail business operations and opened a new boutique in the Achrafieh district in Beirut. A flamboyant and glamorously designed boutique exhibiting jewels admired by connoisseurs and collectors all around the Middle East.

2009

George Hakim Jewelers inaugurated its flagship boutique in the heart of Beirut Central District, where the group’s management and manufacturing teams relocated.

2010

George Hakim Jewelers opened a boutique in a prime location in Beirut Souks, right next to an Alain Philippe flagship store.

2013

George Hakim Jewelers landed a new boutique in Geneva Switzerland, at the Grand Hotel Kempinski. Establishing and fortifying the group’s reputation as experts in the field.

2015

Yet another boutique opens its doors at Aishti by the Sea, an exclusively designed retail building by renowned architect David Adjaye.

2020

George Hakim Jewelers created the Alain Philippe Swiss made brand watch collection. Precious timepieces with high precision Swiss mechanisms, crafted with extreme attention to detail, which became a household name in the watch industry.

2021

George Hakim Jewelers launched a new online shop www.georgehakim.com